Apr 10, 2015

MATS Bootcamp April

After a quiet ( and very cold ) Easter Weekend I am in full swing back into designing. 
I was very much looking forward to the new "mini" assignment for Lilla Roger's bootcamp new mini assignment for the month of April. 
It is lettering...the words "The Global Art Gathering". 
The Global Art Gathering is actually taking place in June in Brighton and I wished I could go and meet fellow designers as well as Lilla and many other fabulous speakers at the event. 
Usually if I do lettering I start designing a whole alphabet and then use any letters I need for my illustration, patterns, etc. I did the same this time but pulled out my collection of Origami papers and started cutting out the letters. Next I did some hand lettering and while putting the words together, I also used some letters I have done some time back already and mixed it all up. I am happy with the result and I might develop some quotes for my Etsy shop in this style.

copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2015
Lettering cut out of Origami paper

copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2015
My finished design for the "mini" assignment   copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2015

Happy Friday everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment