Mar 27, 2014

March Boot Camp Final Design

It is end of March and this months has been fun and challenging.

I was sharing the March Boot Camp assignment with you beginning of the month. The topic was Jelly ( or I call it gelatine pudding as well since Jell-O is brand name protected ) molds for bolt fabric ! What is bolt fabric ? Bolt fabric is fabric you buy in fabric stores for sewing, quilting, etc., as opposed to fabric for clothing.

I have to admit it was not an easy topic for me and as my friend Bethania put it in the right words...the assignment "pushed me out of my comfort zone and back in"! So it was a great, fun exercise and I would have never challenged myself with gelatine pudding molds without participating in the MATS Boot Camp.

I was most inspired by these pictures...gelatine puddings with fruit...could not get over the fact people ate it with vegetables and/or meat in it.

Source

When I was a child in the 70s we had those molds we used for gelatine and puddings.

Source

And there is even existing a great vintage quilting fabric.


Quilting fabric 758

Some of my sketches...

copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2014
Sketches

And finally my submission to the March Boot Camp Gallery ( you can find it on page 6 within the gallery ).


copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2014
Jolly Jelly Design copyright© Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2014

If you want to see more gelatine pudding mold inspired designs, there are hundreds of them in the March Boot Camp Gallery and they are fantastic ! Make sure to click on the individual designs to see all details, the thumbnails do not show everything. And maybe leave a nice comment on some of them...

Happy Thursday !





1 comment: