May 29, 2014

What I Am Reading Today

It is Ascension Day today in Switzerland and it feels like a Sunday…kids are not in school and I had some time for reading this morning.
Today I want to share what I love to read art, interior and surface pattern related.


www.patternjots.blogspot.ch


Uppercase Magazine is on top of my list. It is truly a magazine for the creative and curious published, edited and designed by Janine Vangool from Calgary/Canada. The magazine looks always beautiful and even feels great made from nice paper…I could never read this magazine as an e-magazine, it feels too nice in my hands. The magazine's content is about illustration, graphic design, surface pattern design, lettering and crafting. I was lucky enough to be chosen to be part of issue's 21 Surface Pattern Design Guide which shows amazing work from 100 surface pattern designers around the world.

I also must have Flow Magazine. In the beginning I ordered the English version from Holland but now there is a German version available in Germany which I manage to get. It is the most beautiful illustrated magazine I know and there are always little freebies included into each issue like a weekly planner, sticky notes or stickers. Describing flow is not easy…Zeitgeist ( spirit of the times ) comes into my mind. There are great stories about creatives, inspirations, insights and ideas and even recipes.

Yesterday the new MOYO Magazine by Beth Kempton and Rachael Taylor came out. It is already issue 6 and it is all surface pattern related. And the best part - it is free and you can even download it via Issuu and read it on your computer or tablet. Each issue has a call for a competition and many designers are featured besides there is lots of insight from the industry. It is really a great read and lots of eye candy. For downloading please click here.

My favourite interior magazine is Elle Decoration UK. It is always spot on and shows trends well. There is a reason why it is called "The World's Leading Homes Magazine"… if I read Elle Decoration from other countries I always feel it is very much the taste of that particular country, not so with the UK version. But this is my personal opinion.

I hope you find time to read and get inspired today as well.

Happy Thursday !

No comments:

Post a Comment