Aug 14, 2014

Ethnic Trend Winter 2015

As a designer thinking ahead and being up to date with trends is key. 
There are always some strong trends, repeating almost every year in different variations. 
One of these trends is "Ethnic Prints and Patterns" - sometimes the trend leads more to asian designs, south american designs and sometimes more to african designs. 
You can see this trend in fashion as well as in interior. 
The twist in this trend for 2015 is thinking ethnic patterns collage or patchwork. I am working on this trend for the "Make it in Design" summer course - just for the fun of it. 
So far I only have managed to do some research online but I hope I can show you something next week. 

Here are some inspirations :

copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2014
I took this picture at a thrift store a while back and it was actually a skirt made out of half circles - quite fascinating.
I found this pattern on canstockphoto.com called sunburst ( source )
A quilt I found on Etsy ( source )
And I totally fell in love with those indian patchwork pillows, also found on Etsy ( source )
More indian patchwork pillows ( source )
Kilim pillow case on Etsy ( source )

Happy Thursday !

No comments:

Post a Comment